Steelscape’s Embossing Line is used to produce a specified pattern into the
steel sheet. Cold-rolled steel, aluminum, ZINCALUME®/Galvalume®, and galvanized
substrates can be processed with various gauge and width ranges dependent on
substrate type. We offer a stucco embossed pattern which is used for such
application as refrigerator door panels and can be produced at thickness depths
to meet customer specifications.
- Using a coil car, the coil is loaded onto the unwind mandrel and threaded up
through the embossing rolls to the rewind mandrel, using a set of pinch
- The strip is attached to a cardboard core on the rewind mandrel. The strip
is jogged tight, then embosser operator starts the machine slowly, to rolls 5 to
10 feet of bare material onto core to set coil wall alignment.
- Once the wall of the coil is aligned, the embosser rolls are closed. The
strip is then jogged forward 4 to 5 feet and the actual depth is measured with
micrometers. The operator will set the micro-wedge assembly to maintain
specified customer depth.
- The operator will pre-program the lineal feet into the embosser control
panel to have the coil stop at customer’s maximum lineal footage or weight.
- Once the coil has completed the necessary lineal footage requirements it is
cut and banded for removal and packaging for shipment to the