Manufacturer of Paint Coating Line: Durmech
Steelscape’s facilities are equipped to supply a range of quality paint
systems designed for decorative, long-life performance over a wide variety of
substrates. The paint coating line is similar to the metal coating line and is
designed for continuous processing at consistent speed.
- The coil is fed into the process from one of two payoff reels. The stitcher
joins two end together. The steel then enters the first accumulator tower.
- The steel is cleaned, rinsed and dried.
- The chemical coater applies a roll-on pre-treatment, the initial coating
under the paint systems. A drying oven cures the pre-treatment.
- Rollers apply a prime coat to both sides of the steel band. That coat is
then cured in the prime oven. The steel comes out of the prime oven and travels
back through a water quench and squeegee rolls to the finish coaters.
- The finish coaters apply the final coat of paint, which is then cured by the
- The painted steel moves from the finish oven into the water quench, where
water cools it to room temperature.
- Rollers squeegee off the excess water, then the steel goes into the exit
- From the exit accumulator, the painted steel is re-coiled on the tension
reel and sent for packaging.